Admission to Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Hokkaido University
Academic year in Graduate School of Information Science and Technology starts from April and October. Necessary process to apply for admission as research student (including those expected to enroll as either master's or doctoral student) is as follows:
- Those wishing to study under the Japanese government (Monbukagakusho) scholarship
- Please obtain necessary information from the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in your country.
- If you need a "Letter of Acceptance" for your application, you are required to write directly to a professor in the field of study you wish to enroll and obtain a "Letter of Acceptance" from the professor. Please refer to 2.i. about how to find your professor. The office of Graduate School of Information Science and Technology does not introduce professors to students nor issue "Letter of Acceptance".
- Those with other financial sources
- Please choose an appropriate professor in the field of study you wish to enroll by referring to Teaching Staff, Divisions and Research Groups of this site or Hokkaido University Database.
- Please send the following information to the professor and ask whether he/she could accept you.
- Curriculum vitae including any awarded degree(s)
- Proposed plan and/or details of your expected research/study program at Hokkaido University
- The date when you want to begin your studies and the period you want to stay for studies
- Whether you want to earn a degree or not
- Your financial plan to cover all expenses during the proposed period of study.
- If the professor agrees to be your academic advisor, he/she will let you know what documents are necessary to carry out the application procedure.
- Please write to the following address to request for admission with the name and field of study of the professor you wish to have as your academic supervisor: (With the name and field of study of the professor)
060-0814 Kita 14 Nishi 9 Kita-ku Sapporo
In charge of educational affairs,
Graduate School of Information Science and Technology Division,
FAX : 011-706-7890
(+81-11-706-7890 from overseas)
mailto : email@example.com