Information for Applicants October, 2013
Master's Course and Doctoral Course
Please inquire directly if the area you wish to enter is accepting applicants before applying.
The application will proceed through the application procedure when it receives the consent of the instructor of the desired area.
Also, there is a preliminary examination of the applicant's eligibility prior to accepting their application. See section 3 for information concerning the preliminary examination and section 5 for the application document.
The results of the preliminary examination will be announced on May 20 (Mon), 2013. The candidates who pass the preliminary examination are required to pay the administration fee during the period explained in section 4.
The application will be rejected if the administration fee is not paid by the required time.
Please contact us via e-mail at the following address if you need information not covered in the following items.
1. Divisions in the Graduate School of Information Science and Technology
- Division of Synergetic Information Science
- Division of Computer Science
- Division of Electronics for Informatics
- Division of Bioengineering and Bioinformatics
- Division of Media and Network Technologies
- Division of Systems Science and Informatics
2. Application Qualifications
- Master's course
- Students who have completed, or will complete by September 2013, a course of 16 years of formal education or its equivalent in a foreign country.
- Doctoral course (final term)
- Students who have received, or will receive a Master's degree or its equivalent by September 2013 from a university in a foreign country.
- Students who have completed a course of 16 years of formal education in a foreign country and will receive a Master's degree by September 2013 from a Japanese university.
3. Period of the preliminary examination of the applicant's eligibility
- From May 7 (Tue), 2013, until May 13 (Mon), 2013. (The period is the same for both the master's course and the doctoral course.)
- Applications sent by mail must also arrive during this period. Applications will be received from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m..
4. Application acceptance period
- Applications will be accepted from June 28 (Fri), 2013, until July 5 (Fri), 2013. (The period is the same for both the master's course and the doctoral course.)
- Applications sent by mail must also arrive during this period. Applications will be received from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding Saturday, Sunday and national holiday.
5. Application documents
- The application form, resume and the examination admission card (included forms)
- An explanation why you apply for this course on the sheet provided (for master's course applicants), an abstruct of your Master's thesis (for doctoral course applicants)
- A school record from the university most recently graduated from.
- A letter of recommendation from your supervisor in the university most recently graduated from.
- A copy of the graduation certificate or diploma of the university most recently graduated from.
- Proof of Japanese ability
- Identity guarantee (the guarantor must reside in Japan)
- A copy of the Resident Card with your present adress on it.(Foreigners who have been in Japan for less than three months or foreigners outside of Japan may use their passports.)
- Students who are admitted to the university without a certificate of alien registration must submit it to the university immediately upon issue by the government.
- Two self-addressed envelopes and correspondence seals including name, address and postal code. (use the envelopes and seals included)
060-0814 Kita 14 Nishi 9 Kita-ku Sapporo
In charge of educational affairs,
Graduate School of Information Science and Technology Division,
FAX : 011-706-7890
(+81-11-706-7890 from overseas)
mailto : email@example.com