For this site’s pages in Chinese and Korean, we have been using automatic machine translation services. The resulting translation depend on the translation system that performs automatic translation. Depending on the situation, there may be some inaccurate or unintended mistranslations as a result. So, we cannot guarantee the results of using these translation services. We hope that when you use these services you will understand that automatic translation is not 100% accurate.

Requesting Transcripts, Certificates of Completion

Send the following completed Request Form together with a self-addressed stamped envelope and copy of your passport.

Request Form (for graduates)

Reading the Request Form

  • If you are unable to print the form, please fill in each item on the Request Form on a letter paper and enclose it with your application.
  • If there is a designated form, please specify how to fill it out.
  • If a certificate of credit acquisition is required for the acquisition of a qualification, etc., please attach the outline of the qualification.

Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope

  • Envelopes should be pre-addressed and with the correct postage.
  • If you live overseas and need a certificate, please ask a friend/acquaintance/somebody of a lab you used to belong in Japan to request it on your behalf.
    In addition to the request form and return envelope, please send the following
    - Letter of attorney:
     The individual names of the proxy and you are specified.
     Form is optional. Copies of email correspondence are acceptable.
    - Identification of the proxy (photocopy of her/his passport)
  • If you have no choice but to make a request from overseas by yourself, be sure to enclose an international reply coupon or purchase a stamp from the Japan Post website and designate the mailing address as the " Student Affairs Section, Faculty of Information Science and Technology, Hokkaido University”.

※Please note that if there is insufficient postage, we will send the insufficient amount as payment to the recipient.

Number of days for issuance

After receiving the required documents, the time required for issuance is as follows
Japanese certificate: about 3 business days
English certificate: about 1 week
For other special certificates, it may take longer.


Kita 14, Nishi 9, Kita-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido, 060-0814, Japan
Graduate School / Faculty of Information Science and Technology, Hokkaido University


Graduate School / Faculty of Information Science and Technology, Hokkaido University
Fax : +81-11-706-7890